We welcome you to engage with us and experience the many facets of what ORA has to offer. Our membership includes artists at different stages and ages, experienced professionals, educators, students, and hobbyists. Our artists explore and engage with a variety of media.
Our requirements are simple:
- You must be Jewish
- You must create your art yourself
- Your art must not be mass-produced
Most of our members reside in the Greater Portland area, but we welcome members from all over the Pacific Northwest. Your artwork does NOT need to be Jewish in content.
ORA membership entitles you to:
- Meet other artists
- Learn about artists opportunities at membership meetings, through communication tools, and workshops
- Network and grow through our Artists Feedback groups.
- Get involved with ORA – we work together to build and maintain a strong artist community
- Exhibit your artwork in our various non-selling exhibits during the year.
- Sell your work in our sales events, pending approval from our annual Jury (Note: members are not required to be juried unless they wish to sell or exhibit)
- An artist profile on our website with your contact info and photos of your work.
It’s easy to apply:
- Complete and submit a Membership Application form for new or returning members.
Membership dues are $50/year. Once you submit your application and payment, our membership chair will be in touch with you.
Membership renewals (for existing members)
Annual membership dues are payable at the beginning of June.
To renew your annual membership, click here.
If you want to exhibit, you must have your work juried, and the jury will determine which exhibits you qualify for. This enables us to maintain a high quality of art in our exhibits. As your work evolves, you are welcome to jury again in subsequent years.
If you want to SELL your work, it must be juried for Celebration of Art (COA) and Jewish Arts Month (JAM). There will be a separate booth fee of $100 for COA if you qualify.
(We also invite a number of guest artists to jury for Celebration of Art. Their booth fee is a little bit higher.)
Our jury is generally held sometime in June. The anonymous jury consists of professional artists, gallery owners, and some members of our Steering Committee. There is no jury fee for ORA members.